The best of the young emerging talent within New Zealand will be selected for further development, refinement and monitoring through membership to the ‘Srixon Development Squad’. These players who are in their pre-elite stage of development, are selected into the squad with no preconceived split of numbers between boys and girls.
They may have been involved in the national junior training camps, either during the prior twelve months or in years previous to that. One of the key objectives of the development squad level is to assist and support the development programme that each player’s primary (home) has in place for their players. This stage focuses on decentralised player development and refinement prior to advancing to the Srixon Academy.
While this level may be a stepping stone along the pathway to the Srixon Academy due to the age and stage based nature of this level, and the fact it is a fluid squad that will see a number of players given experience during this stage of their development, progression to the top level may not be immediate or guaranteed.
For some who have proven to be capable junior level players, but are yet to step up to the national senior level, there maybe a year or two of self-lead and funded development prior to reaching the Srixon Academy.
· To continue to support the development of this group of emerging players who have shown they possess the necessary performance and or behavioural traits to continue to improve
· Assist with defining each players’ long term vision and subsequent goals. To build out from this their annual development, training and competition plans.
· To provide support, guidance and opportunity to further develop their technical skills by working to a plan with their primary coach.
· To encourage them to work with a wider support team; mental skills, nutrition and fitness, all areas that typically have not been actively incorporated into their routines.
· Encourage attendance at National Open events.
· Provide international age group tournament opportunities.
· Provides the opportunity to closely track and monitor the players progress .
Goldfern Junior Starter Set available in:
Black: Suitable for Ages 14+ yr...
Secure your piece of New Zealand golfing history with this exclusive piece of memorabi...
Goldfern Junior Starter Set available in:Green: Suitable ...
New Zealand Golf legend Greg Turner will make his debut in a senior professional event on Friday morning (NZL time) when he t...
New Zealand Golf staged the 2013 National Academy and National Development Squad camps over the weekend at the St Pete...
New Zealand No.1 Michael Hendry and former Japan Tour professional Richard Lee left the Muriwai Beach Links last week impre...
Manawatu professional Tim Wilkinson has continued his charge towards a PGA Tour card in 2014.
The left hander f...
Taupo Golf Club & Trout Fishing
Taranaki Energy Open
NZ Stroke Play Championship
LET & the Olympics SD
Brian Perry Classic 2013
phillip leishman tribute
Omaha Beach ProAm
Masterton Clubhouse Makeover